The Toll Roads: Social Media Guidelines
The purpose of The Toll Roads’ social media accounts are to serve as moderated, limited public forums that provide information of public interest concerning:
- The Transportation Corridor Agencies
- The Toll Roads (State Routes 73, 133, 241 and 261 in Orange County, CA)
- Customer service
- The Toll Roads marketing and promotional activities
- Construction updates and area road alerts
- Red Flag Warnings and other emergency situations
We welcome comments, however, please note that our social media accounts serve as moderated online discussion sites and not as public forums. If you need an official source of information about the Transportation Corridor Agencies and/or The Toll Roads, please visit TheTollRoads.com.
While we encourage debate and discussion, we respectfully request that commenters be courteous and civil toward one another and keep in mind that our social media accounts are open to the public.
All comments made on our social media accounts are reviewed. They will not be edited by our staff, but we reserve the right to remove comments that include:
- Comments unrelated to the purpose and topical scope of the page
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Speech presenting a grave and imminent threat
- Fighting words
- True threats
- Defamation (libel/slander)
- Solicitations to commit or speech integral to criminal conduct
- Promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction
- Promotion in favor of or opposition to a candidate campaigning for election to a political office
- Copyrighted or trademarked material (if posted without the copyright holder’s consent)
- Content having to do with non-consensual sex and/or self-mutilation
- Advertisements not approved by The Toll Roads or Transportation Corridor Agencies
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination against protected classes
- Sexual harassment
- Child pornography
- Spam or comments that include links to external online sites
- Content containing personally identifiable information posted without consent
- Images of graphic violence or gore
Violators of this policy may have their comments removed from The Toll Roads’ official social media accounts. Continued or egregious violations of this policy may prompt further restricting the individual’s commenting on The Toll Roads’ official social media accounts.
Please keep in mind that The Toll Roads’ official social media accounts are internet pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube – all of which have their own policies and standards concerning what may and may not be posted and the actions that it may take with regard to unauthorized posts.
For detailed information from each platform:
For housekeeping purposes, visitor posts that are posted to our Facebook page are deleted after their issue is resolved or after seven days.
The Toll Roads are not responsible for comments or posts placed on its social media accounts by visitors. Commenters are personally responsible for their own comments, username and/or any information they share.
Updated January, 2018.